About Me

My photo
Like art, life is a process and a gift...and now that I know that, I am doing my best to find out what that means.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

What a day of blessings! Nathan and I spent the afternoon together yesterday and saw a poster for a Scottie mix. Nathan as always wanted a Scottish terrier, and I have always had a heart to rescue the animals I care for. I have never bought an animal, only rescued or adopted from a friend. I saw Lucy's picture and fell in love. I nearly panicked because a dog like that is hard to come by and surely she had gotten adopted already, right? So I emailed the rescue and face-booked them and eventually called them. The lady, Karen, was super nice and said that I could come in the morning to see her and if I wanted to could adopt her that day! So this morning I went to her house and there was Lucy! The sweetest most loyal dog you could ask for! We need to train her a bit, but she's a quick learner and came to us potty trained. I am so glad to have a dog again after not having my own for a while. After losing Cosmo, I felt like a couldn't have another dog, but Lucy's eyes penetrated into my soul--their sweetness, and the look of "I want to be around you, I want to protect you, I want to love you" just melted me. The fact that Nathan was set on it with little discussion was the icing on the cake. Adopting a pet is a serious commitment, but I know that Nathan will love her as much as I already do. She's going camping with us next week and we look forward to many many adventures together. I am prayerful and hopeful that the cats will get used to her quickly and understand that she is not any canine visitor we have over, but that the Kim-Saad family is Lucy's Forever Home.

Good night for now. Many more adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment