About Me

My photo
Like art, life is a process and a gift...and now that I know that, I am doing my best to find out what that means.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Anxious Excitement

Writing from a day in 2010. Great times.

Today was a day to relish.

I spent the day sorting and organizing about 20 storage boxes(the 38gallon size) worth of fabric and notions with my amazing 89 year old grandmother, Oma. I don't think I can ever have a day like that again, and for that, I am grateful for the cathartic experience of sorting through my Oma's memories.
We sorted the fabric into large scale fabrics, floral prints, misc. patterned fabrics, and she had a story for nearly every piece we looked at. It was amazing. I cherish every moment I have with her. What a blessing she is to me.

Good day my dearest friend, farewell to the world in which I live--until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment