About Me

My photo
Like art, life is a process and a gift...and now that I know that, I am doing my best to find out what that means.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Beginnings Start With An End

Today marks the second day of my journey through Graduate School at Chapman University. As with every beginning, it is instigated by the departure of an end. In my case, the end of summer, the end of being "just" a housewife living comfortably with my husband working while I clean house, prepare meals, socialize with other housewives at my church (The Bridge in RSM), and make sure that his underwear is folded and put away in just he right fashion as to be deemed suitable by my own standards (which are definitely not his...haha). I dare say I shall not be abandoning this life, but rather adding a new and more complex aspect this simplistic joy that I have found myself in: I am back in school. Goodbye to undergrad painting and hello to graduate work in teaching.
I now embark into a program to get my teaching credential with the State of California and continue on to the pursuit of my Masters of Arts in Teaching. With much anxiety and proactive thinking I find myself on a path that pleases me, for now I shall be busier than ever--and with such clutter in my head I find I am inspired to paint more. Folly be to me for I have found inspiration in a time such as this when the time shall be much more difficult to find. Rather, I shall be entrenched in the endeavor to grasp onto as many moments as I possibly can whilst getting an education and making sure my world does not come undone while I am away. Yet, I give myself far too much credit for these things that I strive for, I keep forgetting to give God the credit for all of my successes and all of the opportunities that come my way. Oh glorious day! I await what you might impart to me! I thank God for all of this organized chaos, for I know that He would never give me more than I can handle. Rejoice, I say! Rejoice, and be glad, for great is your reward in Heaven! Pardon my tangent, but I had to give credit where credit need be given.

At this very moment I cannot think of anything else that need be said, but I shall continue to press on into a new world of the University and the greatest gift that I God has blessed me with, life.

This time Good day my dearest friend, farewell to the world in which I live--until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment